Today, many providers offer access to proxy servers as a separate service that allows users to access blocked sites or use multiple accounts at the same time without fear of being banned or blocked.
The correct proxy server configuration largely depends on the purposes for which you are going to use free access through another IP. If the selected server is used only to access forbidden sites, then it is quite enough to make a few changes in the browser itself, and the Internet will open to the user in all its glory. However, if a proxy server will be used for work, then a serious reconfiguration of the operating system itself or the installation of additional software will be required. Let’s look at all the options about how to set up a desktop proxy on a computer and in a browser for comfortable and productive work.
Setting up a Proxy on Windows
Users who are going to constantly work on the Internet through a proxy server can make their own lives easier by redirecting the network connection in advance in Windows itself. For this, you have to do the following:
- Before connecting a proxy server on Windows, it is important to remember that by connecting such remote access, you are making changes to the properties of the Network.
- Opening the control panel window, you will find the browser properties, where you need to make changes.
- Select the Connections item and then Network Settings.
- Then you need to give permission to use the proxy server and enter the initial data, that is, the address and port number.
Connecting a Proxy Server on Mac OS
The main advantage of this operating system is its intuitive accessibility, so making changes to the connection settings is quite easy. For this, do the following:
- In the additional system settings, you need to find the actual Proxy Settings, which you need to change.
- In the window that opens, enter the IP address, port, as well as username and password, then click on the little lock at the bottom, which allows changes. Then click Ok.
How to Connect a Proxy Server on Linux
The task of enabling a proxy server on the Linux operating system will be quite simple if you understand the configuration files or you do not need to use a password and login to connect a proxy. It is best to use special utilities to configure configuration files. Basically, the configuration path is the following:
- Find the Network section in the system parameters.
- Then go to the proxy service and manually change the connection configuration, that is, register the proxy data.
After installing the required application (like ProxyDroid), enter the address and port of the proxy, and then activate the automatic connection. The second method does not involve using Root, and you need to do the following:
- Find the Advanced item in the network settings.
- Transfer settings to manual mode.
- Next, enter the server data and connect to the Internet.